Photos by Helene Horowitz
Hillsborough Stations 37 and 38 were dispatched at 10:17 AM to a two vehicle motor vehicle accident at Route 206 and Old Somerville Road in Station 37’s primary area. An occupant of one of the vehicles needed to be extricated by the Hillsborough Rescue Sqaud and was transported to the hospital by medicac helicopter.
Hillsborough Fire Company # 3 and the Hillsborough Rescue Squad were dispatched at 12:37 pm to the intersection of Amsterdam Drive and Schilke Lane. The incident included four vehicles with one laying on its side and an entrapment of the occupant. Crews worked for a few minutes to extricate the driver. There were no injuries.
Photos by Rick Artz
Service awards were presented to:
- Dan Kazar – 5 years
- Doug Miller – 20 Years
- Robert Brock – 25 years
- Rick Artz – 25 Years
- Richard Campbell – 30 years
- Robert Francolini – 30 Years
- Kenneth Wetzel – 35 Years
Other awards and presentations included:
- Badges to new members Seth Freund, Matthew Wells, and Alex Glass-Hardenburg.
- Most Drills Attended: 1st Place – Ryan Murphy; 2nd Place – Bob Francolini; 3nd Place (tie) – Tim Coyle and Seth Freund.
- Top Responders: 1st Place – Ryan Murphy; 2nd Place – Ed Kovach; 3rd Place – Rick Artz
- Fireman of the Year – Ryan Murphy
- Junior Firefighter of the Year – Tyler Skolnik
- Rookie of The Year – Scott Muller
- Special award to the World Trade Center Memorial Garden Committee members – Brian Brownlie, Mark Brownlie, Sam Rozycki
Outgoing President Mark Brownlie presented a special recognition and thank you award to John and Linda Shockley, owners of 911 Carting, who provided substantial assistance towards the construction of Hillsborough Fire Company # 3’s World Trade Center Memorial Garden. John and Linda Shockley were presented a plaque and were announced as honorary members of the fire company.
Also a plaque was presented in memory of honorary member and Assemblyman Peter Biondi to his wife Joan in recognition of the support provided to the fire company over the years.
Additional pictures are available for viewing by going to the photo gallery section of this website.
Four Hillsborough Fire Company # 3 firefighters recently completed fire courses at the Somerset County Emergency Services Academy.
Pictured from left to right are: Ryan Murphy, Mike Lemonie, Second Assistant Chief Mike Murphy, Alex Glass-Hardenbergh, and Matt Wells. Ryan Murphy completed Firefighter II while the other three graduates completed Firefighter I. All four firefighters started as junior firefighters, which is a program managed by Assistant Chief Murphy.
2 Ed Kovach 350
3 Rick Artz 341
4 Christian Fulmino 321
5 Charles Nuara 306
6 Ken Wetzel 300
7 Michael Murphy 292
8 Scott Muller 286
9 Tim Coyle 278
10 Manfred Nowacki 266